Special Supplies Adaptive Utensils :
- Supportive Utensils This set of adaptive kitchen utensils for adults are wider with a weighted design to support those with hand tremors, Parkinsons, or arthritis.
- Wide, Non-Slip Grip Each of our weighted good grip adaptive utensils features a wider ribbed handle with raised, textured grips to improve dexterity and control.
- Stainless-Steel Durability Along with a food-grade safe silicone handle, each kitchen fork, spoon and knife is made with dishwasher safe stainless steel.
- Matching 4-Piece Set Every order comes with five unique eating utensils, including a fork, knife, dinner spoon and soup spoon to cover a wide range of meal choices.
- Multiple Colors Available Easy to clean and ultra-durable, these adaptive eating utensils also come with black or gray silicone handles to better match your kitchen.
It can be frustrating to see your loved one making an effort to eat, but it is difficult to hold the spoons because of the shaky hands. This Special supplies adaptive utensils set is easier to use than your classic metal, ceramic or elegantly designed utensils, these forks, spoons and knives have an ultra-wide handle with silicone edges which makes it easier to grip and grip.
It is ideal for the elderly, the young and all those who need a little more support at the table, restore the necessary confidence with utensils specially designed for the needs of adaptation.
Why Parkinson’s Spoons Are Important To Me
While it wasn’t a tremor, I’ve had bouts with my autoimmune disease that left me unable to bend my fingers at all for months, making feeding myself extremely difficult. While it shouldn’t be, it’s embarrassing to need help with these simple, everyday things.
As a cane user and wheelchair user in the past, adaptive technology is important to me and I know full well how much it can help.
Special Supplies Adaptive Utensil
The set comes with four utensils: a fork, a knife, a dinner spoon, and a soup spoon. These utensils are wider and have ribbed handles to improve grip control and stability.
These are stainless steel utensils, which provide longevity and functionality. However, these adaptive utensils are non-weighted which is disadvantageous for persons with Parkinsons, though, its ergonomic design provides a stronger grip.
You May Like: How Serious Is Parkinson’s Disease
Bunmo Weighted Utensils For Tremors And Parkinsons Patients
- Discrete weighted: Looks jut like regular premium silverware. Essential for dignity and independence
- Three-piece set: This Parkinsons silverware set includes a fork, knife, and table spoon
- Premium stainless steel: Our Weighted Silverware is the highest quality rustproof stainless steel
- Weighted utensils for shaking hands: Each utensil weighs a minimum of 7 ounce per piece
Bunmo Weighted Utensils For Tremors And Parkinsons Patients Heavy Weight Silverware Set Of Knife Fork And Spoon Adaptive Eating Flatware
- DISCRETE WEIGHTED: Looks jut like regular premium silverware. Essential for dignity and independence
- CANVAS ROLL UP TRAVEL BAG: Chef style, great for restaurants, picnics and visiting friends
- PREMIUM STAINLESS STEEL: Our Weighted Silverware is the highest quality rustproof stainless steel
- WEIGHTED UTENSILS FOR SHAKING HANDS: Each utensil weighs a minimum of 7oz per piece
- FOUR-PIECE SET: This Parkinsons silverware set includes a fork, knife, soup spoon and table spoon
Also Check: Does Parkinson’s Cause Swelling
Bunmo Heavy Weighted Utensils Set
If you want to have an adaptive weighted utensils set that looks more like a normal set, BUNMO heavy weighted utensils set is the best choice.
This essential 4 pieces kitchen table set is pleasing to look, to hold and easy to use. The set seems to be a good investment for people with hand tremor, they will definitely like this product.
With its sharp knife, you can effortlessly cut any solid food like a piece of cake, cheese, or even a slice of meat. And with its stainless fork, you can eat pasta, rice dishes, meat or vegetables. While a pair of a spoon, one as tablespoon and the other for soup, are designed to avoid spills and drop at every meal. The construction of the handles is of super high-quality and allows you to eat your meal with more confident.
The set is crafted with high-quality stainless steel and will last for a long time, so you dont have to replace with other sets. Plus, it can easily be cleaned, just throw to the dishwasher and it will come out clean.
This's an affiliate link and if you buy this product, I'll earn a small commission.
Gyenno Parkinsons Spoon For Hand Tremor:
- GYENNO steady Spoon electronically stabilizes so the attached utensil shakes 85% less than your hand. Worry less about spilling and focus on enjoying your meal.
- GYENNO portable tableware includes two parts: a stabilizing handle and a utensil attachment. Switch on and off automatically, automatically turn to sleeping mode when you stop using.
- GYENNO tremor Spoon has ergonomic design which adapted to the general Hands Use habit, total weight 130g, easy to hold and to prevent from slippery.
- Spoon and fork kit , for all kinds of meals, include an everyday spoon, a fork attachment
- At GYENNO, we have strongly confidence on our products. Every GYENNO product includes an 6-month, worry-free Guarantee.If you have any problem or suggestion, please contact us freely, we will provide friendly support for you in 24 hr.
GYENNO Parkinsons is a smart spoon specially designed for the elderly with Parkinsons disease. Helps stabilize hand tremor up to 85%. The risk of spilling food while eating is minimized and the elderly will enjoy their food worry-free.
It is a two-way design with a large silicone handle that facilitates grip. Besides, it is compact with a weight of 130 g. Therefore, it is easy to hold even when the elderly person is recovering from an operation. It also includes a high quality stainless steel cookware which is also durable.
- It is a little expensive.
Should You Go Motorized
If youre thinking about buying weighted utensils, youve probably already seen various other products using self-stabilizing technology and in-built motorizing to further reclaim eating independence.
Fantastic, right? So why would you both with weighted utensils when technology like this is available?
For starters the cost. At the technology is still relatively new, theres yet to be any major breakthroughs in cost reduction, meaning youre going to be paying upwards of $150 for a single spoon.
On top of that, as the device is motorized, it needs a battery. And a battery needs to be recharged. Not everyone agrees with the thought of having to recharge your spoon every time you eat.
Urbanred Weighted Utensils For Tremors:
- WEIGHTED UTENSILS FOR TREMORS: Are you suffering from parkinson disease, hand tremors, or have arthritis hands? Has eating become difficult and has left you feeling handicap? Our parkinsons spoon and fork set are weighted and the wide handle make gripping easier.
- WEIGHTED UTENSILS FOR PARKINSONS PATIENTS: Our weighted silverware for parkinsons Set of 4 provide additional weight to help stabilize hand and arm movements for those who experience tremors of the hands when dining.
- WEIGHTED UTENSILS FOR HAND TREMORS: These weighted silverware for tremors will make mealtime easier and prevents shaky hands, weak hands or trouble with hand movements from affecting your ability to eat independently.
- ERGONOMIC WEIGHTED GRIP: Ergonomically designed large handles are ideal for those who struggle with dexterity issues and provide stability for weak grip strength.
- DISHWASHER SAFE & STAINLESS STEEL: Our products are made with high quality stainless steel and are inspected thoroughly to make sure you have the highest quality on the market.
UrbanRed adaptive utensils are specially designed for the elderly who have difficulty holding objects for health reasons. They are heavy and have a long handle which makes it comfortable to grip. Unlike the other options available, these are of perfect weight, large and robust.
- Some critics point out that they are not heavy.
Also Check: Nursing Home Care For Parkinson’s Patients
Provides Greater Independence At Mealtime
Ideal for professional or personal use, the Weighted Utensils offer individuals greater independence and comfort at mealtimes. The combination of added weight and a built-up handle offers more control so that the utensil reaches the mouth without spilling any food. Each of these adaptive utensils are purchased separately, not available in a set.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
How Do You Buy The Best Utensils For Parkinson’s
- Is it worth buying an utensils for parkinson’s?
- What benefits are there with buying an utensils for parkinson’s?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective utensils for parkinson’s?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any utensils for parkinson’s, much less the best one?
- Which utensils for parkinson’s are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about utensils for parkinson’s?
buying guides for utensils for parkinson’s
Don’t Miss: Late Stage Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms
Adaptive Eating Utensils By Celley For Parkinsons Arthritis Ms Elderly Hand Tremors Handicapped
- Each utensil weighs around 3 ounces and may be too heavy for very weak patients
- Although perfectly suitable for people of all ages, this adaptive silverware set is custom designed for the elderly, individuals with limited muscle control, trembling hands or arthritis
- Contains an essential 4pc kitchen table set , each equipped with weight support grip handles conducive to easier and more manageable eating for the handicapped, arthritic stricken or neurologically challenged
- Adaptive utensil set is made with durable, high quality stainless steel that is dishwasher safe and is ergonomically designed for quick, easy cleaning and long-term use
- Eating aid suitable for use in your own home, nursing homes, hospitals and home care
Q Why Do Weighted Utensils Help With Tremors
When someone has Parkinsons disease, it is difficult to control their hands and arms. It can make eating or drinking a task for which they need special tools like weighted utensils.
It helps them to avoid spilling food all over the place. Weighted utensils are heavy enough that they stay put on the plate instead of jumping everywhere when you shake them around!
You May Like: Parkinson’s Disease Brain Changes
Ease Meal Time For Those With Hand Tremors
It is easy to take for granted a task as seemingly simple as eating. But for the elderly with Parkinson’s disease, eating can be a daunting and defeating task. Tremors make it nearly impossible to eat a meal without making a mess.
The weighted utensils set make eating much easier for seniors with Parkinson’s disease. They can also be discreet because the utensils look just like regular silverware. The utensils can either come separately or in a set: fork, knife and teaspoon. A separate soup spoon comes with a deeper bowl to help prevent spills. The weighted utensils are dishwasher safe.
For information, visit K Eatlery Weighted Utensils.
Linelax Weighted Utensils For Tremors And Parkinsons
The Linelax 5 Piece Silverware Set is a heavyweight steel silverware set for tremors. It includes a knife, two forks, a teaspoon, and a soup spoon. Its the perfect adaptive eating flatware set for anyone with hand tremors or Parkinsons disease.
The utensils are weighted to reduce shaking and improve coordination in your hands. The weighted utensils have an ergonomic design that makes them easy to hold onto while you eat. Each piece has a contoured shape that fits comfortably in your hand, so you dont have to grip too tightly.
These weighted utensils are perfect for helping to reduce shaking and increase stability while eating, drinking, writing or working on the computer.
The weight of each piece of silverware has been carefully calculated to be heavy enough to help reduce tremors but light enough not to cause fatigue or discomfort when using them.
Also Check: What Is Parkinson Disease In Layman Terms
Other Techniques For Minimizing Tremor
Do what you can to de-stress. I know you’re probably feeling more stress than ever right now with the frustration and possibly embarrassment, but getting more riled up only makes the tremor worse.
Do your best to be gentle with yourself where you are and take some deep breaths when you’re feeling overwhelmed before you try again.
Forget what Miss Manners taught you and eat with your elbows on the table. That extra support and stability can go a long way to reducing tremors.
Kinsman Keatlery Weighted Utensils:
- Prevents shaky hands from affecting the ability to eat independently, making mealtime easier for those with limited grip, weak hands and weak wrists, limited mobility, and trouble with functional movement.
- Non-Slip, Wide Grip: Each of our weighted adaptive utensils features a wider ribbed handle with raised, textured grips to improve control and dexterity.
- 4-Piece Set: Every order comes with four eating utensils, including a fork, knife, dinner spoon and a soup spoon. A very helpful set of built up utensils that cover a wide range of meals.
- Built With Durability: Along with a food-grade safe silicone handle, each utensil is made with high quality stainless steel that is dishwasher safe.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! – We are so confident about the quality of our products, we will refund your purchase if you are not satisfied.
Kinsman KEatlery set of four pieces each, which includes: knives, forks and spoons, is ideal for use on all types of dishes. This set offers an elegant style for a discreet dinner. Designed to resemble the quality of everyday dishes, these heavy utensils help stabilize your hand while you eat.
It is a complete Parkinsons toolkit. Youll want to spend some time getting used to the utensils because the more you train with them, the less difficult it will be to eat. This set may take a little longer to get used to, but it offers a fantastic ability to control all the movements you need while eating.
- Its a little more expensive.
Don’t Miss: Caring For Someone With Parkinson’s
When Should You Use Weighted Utensils
Each patient with Parkinsons disease symptoms has a variety of needs for their arm mobility and to engage in physical activities.
Weighted utensils enable greater control for persons who have limited hand control. A teaspoon the size of a childs hand can help stabilize a shaky hand.
The use of a heavy knife, fork and spoon set helps to keep hands steady. Also, heavy bendable utensils can provide greater control for persons who have weak hand muscles.
The Benefits Of Weighted Blankets For Parkinson’s Disease
Is your loved one unable to sleep due to Parkinsons Disease? A disturbance of sleep is a major struggle for those afflicted with Parkinsons. This degenerative disease of the central nervous system compromises motor skills and cognitive capabilities.
Tremors, joint stiffness, slow movements, sensory processing difficulties, and anxiety are other symptoms your loved one may be experiencing. Treatments for Parkinsons disease include medications, diet regulation, and rehabilitation in an effort to manage symptoms.
As a caregiver, relieving symptoms and improving quality life can be overwhelming. Giving your loved one a Mosaic Weighted Blanket® supports comfort, security, and anxiety relief with a natural prescription-free approach.
Rigidity from muscle and joint stiffness can not only feel uncomfortable but also affect posture and stability. One of the advantages of a Mosaic Weighted Blanket® is its ability to reduce the severity of these problems through deep pressure touch stimulation. Draping a weighted blanket over the body gently distributes pressure without being restrictiveworking as a full body massage.
With this type of stimulation, the body responds by producing more serotonin, which can redirect a mood swing. Getting deep sleep so that the body can restore itself comes easier when serotonin becomes melatonin, a hormone that induces sleep. The whole family can relax with the comfort and peace that Mosaic Weighted Blankets® bring to the ill.
Don’t Miss: Does Sam Waterston Have Parkinson
Maintains Independence At Mealtimes
Designed to maintain user independence at mealtime, Sure Grips Weighted Utensils include a fork, rocker knife, tablespoon and teaspoon. The rocker knife requires only minimal arm strength for cutting. The stainless steel utensils are durably built and are all dishwasher-safe for convenient cleaning.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
Adaptive Dining Products To Help Reduce Spills
Dining plates and bowls, plate guards, and two-handle mugs promote independence, self-confidence, and safer eating for those with Parkinsons disease. Built-up sides on plates and bowls help users to push food onto the fork or spoon as well as keeping the food contained. Suction bases on bowls and plates also help to prevent slipping.
For safer and easier drinking, this mug has a weighted base and two large handles to accommodate adult fingers. The lid’s spout also helps to prevent spills
This convenient dining kit includes a weighted utensil set designed to improve your grasp while feeding, as well as dining ware for reducing spills and messes
Designed to allow the user to push food against the raised side of the plate, this dish helps scoop food with only one hand if necessary
Promoting independence and self-confidence, this unique spill guard minimizes messy spills at meal time. It easily attaches to standard round plates for convenience
A polypropylene mug with an easy-to-grasp handle, used for either hot or cold liquids. The lid regulates flow for safer drinking
Stable dining surfaces can also help simplify mealtimes for those with shaky hands and weakness. The non-slip material can be cut-to-size and placed under a plate or bowl to keep it from moving on the table.
Simple changes and adaptations can make meals easier to prepare, eat, and clean up. Help your loved ones dine with ease and comfort using one of these adaptive utensils and tableware!
Read Also: Parkinson’s Disease And Brain Function