Doomier 24g Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse Reduce Wrist Pain 6 Buttons 3 Adjustable Dpi 800/1200/1600 Levels Better Performance For Pc Desktop Laptop
|Get Fast, Free Shipping with & Return this item for free
- by entering your model number.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN-The unique ergonomic shape support the palm,with an innovative vertical design that keeps your hand and arm in a mouse natural and comfortable position.Effectively reduces wrist strain and pain compared to a traditional mouse.
- STABLE CONNECTION WITH LESS NOISE CLICK-Reliable 2.4G wireless mouse connection with high performance with 33ft.Quieter click makes you concentrate on work without disturbing others besides you.
- Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse 2.4G, 800/1200/1600 DPI,Six buttons is a nice choice for computer mouse, gamers and other network activity.Especially the “Page Back” and “Page Forward” functionality.
- Ergonomic Design make your hand more healthier and less overall strain. Widely compatible with Windows 2000/ XP/Vist /7/8/10/Linux.Easy to Use-USB receiver at the bottom of mouse and built-in rechargeable battery. Power saving mode after 8 minutes idle
- Excellent Service for your satisfied, If you have any questions for our ergonomic vertical mouse,Please feel free to contact us for Replacement or Refund.Hope you have a pleasure purchase.
Computer Adaptations For People With Parkinsons Disease
According to the National Parkinsons Foundation, ParkinsonsIs second only to Alzheimer’s as the most prevalent neurodegenerative diseasein the United States. A diagnosis of Parkinsons can lead to frustratingexperiences while typing or using a computer mouse. There are, however, someadaptations and accessibility settings that can make these tasks much easier.
Keyboard ControlA common symptom of Parkinsons is uncontrollable tremors.This results in extra keystrokes and difficulty with mouse control. In Windows, turning theBounce Key function on will help to control the number of keystrokes made when keys are pressed. Thiscan be accomplished on Windows 7 or later by:
- simultaneously clicking the Windows logo Key +U to reach the Ease of Access Center.
- Selecting Make the keyboard easier to use under ExploreAll Settings.
- Then selecting Turn Filter Keys on and choosing the options that you feel willbest assist you with keyboard input.
Additional PC accessibility functions can be found here.
For Mac users, go to the accessibility settings to enable similar features such as Slow Keys. Find more details here.
Individuals with Parkinsons may benefit from a keyboard with larger keys. Keyboards like the BigBlu Kinderboard Large Key Keyboard and the VisionBoard Large Key Wireless Keyboard have large 1 keys that make typing easier.
Both Mac and PC users can use their voice to navigate around their computer and type, too.
Is Trackball Mouse Bad For Thumb
In terms of ergonomic, a trackball is better than a standard mouse. Even if it means that you will constantly use your thumb in a thumb-oriented usb mouse mouse which might lead to thumb pain. However, it is still better than using your forefinger for repetitive motions. Or you can opt for a finger-oriented trackball mouse and then alternate between the index and middle finger to reduce stress.
You May Like: Pesticides And Parkinson Disease A Critical Review
My Hands Are Very Shaky But My Voice Is Pretty Good I’ve Heard About Talking To My Computer But It Sounds Complicated Is It
In a word….no. If you have a computer running Windows Vista onwards you have voice recognition installed. It is fairly simple to set-up too. If you train voice recognition to recognise your voice it will probably take about 45 minutes to do the initial set-up. Then if you spend an hour or two every day for a week using voice recognition, by the end of it you will have a good grasp of how to use it. We’ve got some easy to follow instructions on how to get started. There’s also a guide on the Apple site for Mac users.
How To Make Your Computer Easier To Use When Living With Parkinson’s
Must read: If you have tremors, changing these settings could make it easier to use your iPhone or iPad.
Its weird. I work on the Helpline at AbilityNet so I talk a lot to people who have Parkinsons disease, but I never for one moment imagined that my dad would end up having the condition.
While my dad has a very mild form of Parkinson’s, it still causes him issues sometimes, especially with his movement and speech. At the moment he doesn’t really need any help to use the computer, but it’s good to know that someone with Parkinson’s can adapt their system to their particular needs.
For many people with Parkinson’s it is shaking and tremors that cause problems when using the computer. The good news is that with a little bit of tweaking you can still use your computer effectively.
You May Like: Parkinson’s Disease And Cbd
Best Computer Mouse For Parkinsons
- Post author
Computer Station Nation is reader-supported.When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Parkinsons and tremors are major issues, and the numbers keep skyrocketing with each passing day. According to the National Parkinson Foundation, Parkinsons is ranked second only to Alzheimers as the most occurring Neurodegenerationdisease in the United States.
Before we take on the list of best mouse adaptations for Parkinsons, there are some simple ways you can still use the computer mouse, without having a special mouse feature. The first is, adjusting the mouse speed on your computer, this way accidental clicks will be minimized.
Secondly, the use of keyboard configurations will also make this a fantastic choice as you can easily use the up and down arrow buttons, in place of the mouse. A third and final easy step will be to use the on-screen keyboard. So lets dive in, and find out the best mouse for Parkinsons.
Penguin Ambidextrous Wireless Mouse
- Protection against a range of upper limb conditions
- Repetitive strain injury and carpal tunnel syndrome – by enabling right and left hands to share the workload to avoid exaggerated movements of the wrist joint
- Can increase pressure on the soft tissues in the carpal tunnel
- Regular switching of hands throughout the day helps prevent
- Static muscle strain in the arm and shoulder -a major source of discomfort in mouse work
- The Penguin Mouse is also antimicrobial to inhibit the growth of bacteria – making it perfect for hot desk environments
You May Like: Loss Of Smell And Parkinson’s
Kensington Orbit Scroll Ring Optical Trackball
I can assure you that this article is not sponsored by Kensington or ELECOM. Still, its their amazing features and ergonomic design that make them perfect for users affected with Parkinsons disease. Hence we had to have them to our best trackball mouse for Parkinsons disease affected people list. Moreover, it is an alternative to a mouse to other mice.
Last but not least, this best mouse on our list is Kensington Orbit Scroll Ring Optical Trackball. This amazing wireless trackball mouse guarantees all-day comfort of scrolling from the worlds best trackball innovators. Especially the scroll ring, which is the star feature among Kensington trackball mice, ensures that you can move your cursor around the screen with high precision, superior accuracy, and the least amount of effort while offering unmatched comfort.
In addition to this, optical technology further improves the precision of tracking. Moreover, this trackball mouse does not require any cleaning. So, eliminate the hassle of cleaning together. Besides this, the ambidextrous design will make this top best mouse available for both left and right-handed uses with Parkinsons disease. So this Kensington expert mouse is one of the best trackball mice nowadays.
Top Tips For Easier Computing
Changing the settings within the control panel can be really useful. For example, if you find you are getting too many characters when you hit a key you can always adjust the filter keys setting so you only get one character. Slowing down the way the mouse works too might be useful. If clicking the mouse is difficult you can alter the double click speed.
There is also cheap software called Dwell Clicker 2 which means you dont need to do any clicking whatsoever if you are using a PC, If you are using a Mac there is some software called Dwell Click which might suit your requirements.
Recommended Reading: Stabilizing Spoon For Parkinson’s
Top Tips For Computing With Parkinson’s
- Use the accessibility settings on your computer to slow down the keyboard with the Filter Keys feature – you can also slow down the mouse so it doesnt shoot off across the page the moment you touch it.
- It also might be a good idea to use a rollerball mouse so youve got a little bit more control over it.
- A Keyguard can be laid over the top of your existing keyboard, this helps you hit the right keys.
- As long as your voice isnt affected too much you can also use voice recognition to control the computer.
Ergonomic Handheld Trackball Mouse Wired Mini Usb Portable Finger Travel Computer Right Left Handed Mice For Pc Laptop Mac Window Os Linux Unix
|Get Fast, Free Shipping with & Return this item for free
Similar item to consider
- to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Also Check: Parkinson’s Disease Advocacy Groups
Kensington Orbit Wireless Trackball Mouse
The ideal productivity enhancer for any mobile professional, the Orbit Wireless Mobile Trackball offers compact comfort and precision for the road. A reliable wireless connection provides greater versatility and the receiver stows inside the trackball. Unique touch scrolling, along with the compact 32mm ball, lets you glide effortlessly up and down the screen.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Mac OS X
- ChromeOS user can get HID functions but will not be able to customize device through KensingtonWorks
Where Can I Find Reliable Parkinsons And Health Information Online
There is an enormous amount of information about Parkinsons and other health-related issues on the Internet. It is worth remembering that anyone can set up a website or webpage on just about any subject you can think of. This means that not all websites will contain reliable or up-to-date information. There is of course much validated and excellent information and resources to be found, but there are no guarantees and search results can throw up an overwhelming amount of information that may be hard to follow or contradictory.
If you want to know whether a health information website is reliable, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who has produced the content? Is it owned or sponsored by a reputable organisation? Most sites will have an About us or About this site section where you can get more information about the site and who has set it up.
- Are contact details available for the website owners? Be wary if there is no way of contacting them.
- Is the health information consistent with other material you have read?
- Does the website give information about both the benefits and risks of potential treatments?
- Is the information recent?
- Is there a review process for content? And is that process explained anywhere on the website?
The following websites may be useful:
Some websites have webinars, podcasts, blogs and e-newsletters you can watch or sign up to.
Don’t Miss: How Serious Is Parkinson’s Disease
Anker Ergonomic Optical Usb Wired Vertical Mouse 1000/1600 Dpi 5 Buttons Ce100
|Get Fast, Free Shipping with & Return this item for free
- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral “handshake” wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 1000/1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- 1.5m/4.9ft USB cable length, product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm product weight: 5.3 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse , 1 instruction manual. Includes 18 month warranty and lifetime technical support guarantee.
Buy this product as Renewed and save $4.80 off the current New price.
Using Computers And The Internet
Being able to use a computer and having access to the Internet can be particularly helpful if you have Parkinsons. Computer access will enable you to find information that is stored electronically and as well as providing a helpful tool for quick and easy communication with other people. The Internet is a gateway to a wealth of information and access to people, companies and services from wherever you choose.
Many everyday tasks can be made easier by using a computer with access to the Internet. This is particularly true if you have limited mobility, your symptoms affect your movement, or you are unable to contact other people because they are difficult to reach or you do not have the time needed. The Internet allows you to do many things, for example find information, connect with people, groups and communities, as well as manage your finances or do your shopping online.
You May Like: What Other Diseases Mimic Parkinson’s
Productivity For The Pro On The Go
This unique feature lets you slide your finger around the outer ring of the trackball, letting you glide effortlessly through web pages and long documents.
Free downloadable software provides an even more personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds.
ChromeOS user can get HID functions for a trackball but will not be able to customize their device through KensingtonWorks.
Optical Tracking Technology
Internal red optics precisely track the movements of the compact 32mm ball, providing superior accuracy so you can quickly get your cursor where you want, improving productivity and efficiency.
2.4GHz Wireless USB Receiver
Offering cable-free versatility for productivity on the go, the receiver can be stored inside the trackball for safekeeping when not in use.
|2.4 GHz Wireless USB Receiver|
Budget Kensington Orbit Trackball Mouse
Kensington is a huge name when it comes to reliable and innovative accessories. They have over 30 years of trusted experience, so it was only appropriate that we added one of their more Parkinsons disease-appropriate trackball mouse since the quality and productivity are unmatchable.
Kensingtons Orbit Trackball Mouse cursor is popular among Parkinsons disease affected people due to its unique scrolling touch, superior cursor control, and optical tracking. Especially the 40 mm ball is engineered explicitly for older adults and those with Parkinsons disease because it offers internal red optics technology that precisely tracks the movement of this trackball, increasing its accuracy, productivity, and efficiency.
Moreover, the ambidextrous design makes it convenient for left and right-handed people who have Parkinsons disease. Besides this, the two buttons in this wireless trackball mouse are customization for a more personalized experience, along with the ability to adjust cursor and scrolling speed. However, Chrome OS users are a little unfortunate because they can acquire HID functions for the mouse but will not customize their device throughout Kensington Works.
Also Check: Can A Datscan Diagnose Parkinsons
Which Is The Best Pc For Someone Who Has Parkinsons
Richard wants a laptop for its flatter keys, but desktop PCs can have any keyboard type
I plan to get a new computer for home use, no games. I would rather have a desktop/tower, if it was possible to get a more sensitive keyboard, but I have Parkinsons and find that the keys are way too hard to use because they require a deeper push than laptop keyboards. Your earlier suggestion of getting an external monitor for a laptop sounds like a winner. How is the connection made?Richard
The short answer is that you should buy a desktop PC. With a laptop, you are more or less stuck with the keyboard fitted by the manufacturer, and the quality varies from average to mediocre. With a desktop PC, you can take your pick from dozens of USB and Bluetooth keyboards. These range from keyboards with flat, island-style isolated keys to full mechanical keyboards aimed at professionals and gamers.
Some USB keyboards have extra-large keys with big letters for children and for grown-ups with vision and other problems. Theres also a programmable membrane keyboard, Helpikeys, that doesnt have keys at all. Helpikeys works with a variety of keyboard overlays, and people can create custom keyboards with its Layout Builder software.
Best Tablets For Parkinsons Patients
As technology is changing from day to day, so are mobile phone applications in the everyday life of Parkinsons disease. Though the disease still has no cure but is still manageable from spreading badly.
In the past, people didnt know how much use of computers and tablets can help patients recover from the disease. Still, as the technology is advancing towards a brighter future, more and more patients are adapting to the upcoming changes, so many of them want to purchase tablets that can help them overcome the disease.
Though there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to finding the best tablets for Parkinsons disease. Here are some of the best options for you to chose from
Also Check: Michael J Fox Parkinson’s Research