Indianmedtrip For Affordable Parkinson Treatment In India
Parkinsons disease requires a lot of monitoring and regular treatment. The treatment of this ailment in advanced countries like the US and UK is very expensive. On the other hand world class treatment can be availed in India at a much lower cost. This is the reason that people from all over the world come to India to get treatment of this disease. IndianMedTrip is a medical tourism company that acts as a facilitator for people who wish to get the treatment for this disease in India.
What Can I Expect Before The Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery
Prior to surgery, patients have to undergo certain medical evaluations, including:
- Blood and urine tests: to identify toxins and abnormalities
- MRI and/or CT Scans: to help doctors identify and target the right area of the brain causing symptoms.
General instructions before the surgery:
- Stop taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines about one week before the surgery.
- Stop smoking or chewing tobacco, and drink alcohol about a week prior to the surgery. This is to be followed for 2 weeks after the surgery as they increase the risk of bleeding problems.
- Get clearance from the cardiologist or primary care physician to ensure you dont have a history of other medical or heart conditions that may increase surgery risks.
- You should not have food or drink, including the medication for Parkinsons or other conditions, after midnight before the surgery.
Incision On Skin And Skull
After the imaging scans, the patient will be taken to the operating room. The stereotactic head frame remains secured and it prevents any movement of the head while placing the electrodes. The patient may remain awake during this part of the surgery. The doctor may give a mild sedative to make it more comfortable during the skin incision. Later, the sedation is stopped so that the doctors can talk to the patient and perform the tasks.
The hair is shaved and an incision is made on the skin on the top of the head to expose the skull. The surgeon will then make two burr holes using a drill on the left and right sides of the skull. Through these holes, electrodes are passed into the brain.
Don’t Miss: Does Sam Waterston Have Parkinsons
Complementary Therapies For Parkinsons Disease :
Massage therapy, Yoga, Tai Chi, Hypnosis, Acupuncture, etc. can give mild benefits. Benefits of Parkinsons Disease Treatment Medications can help manage problems with walking, movement and tremor by increasing the brain’s supply of dopamine.Deep brain stimulation safely and effectively manages some of the most disabling motor symptoms of Parkinsons disease and essential tremor. The procedure enables people with some movement disorders and related symptoms to have greater control over their movements, allowing them to have more freedom to live and work.Physical therapy may be advisable and can help improve your mobility, range of motion and muscle tone.
A speech therapist or speech pathologist can improve problems with speaking and swallowing. Although speech therapy involves a large time commitment , the benefits will be impressive. In the long run, it will potentially improve all your social interactions to boot.
While conventional treatments generally focus on symptoms, a range of other practices and therapies focus on overall well-being or different components of it and have benefited a lot of patients. Examples include regular exercise, complementary therapies and nutrition supplements.
What Is The Cost Of Stem Cell Therapy For Parkinsons Disease In India
Stem Cell Therapy is a very convoluted treatment modality. As the cost is not regulated in most of the parts of the world for stem cell therapy, people from across the globe prefer India as it has become the hub of medical tourism for highly affordable stem cell therapy. The treatment cost here is significantly less of what it would cost in the western countries along with the waiting period and very expensive logistic cost.
The cost of Stem Cell Therapy for Parkinsons disease in other European countries cost approx. $30,000 – $35,000. However, in India, it will cost you almost 70% to 80% less than that.
The cost of stem cell therapy depends upon various medical factors like the type of stem cell treatment, type of cells, the number of stem cells required, type of stem cells, pre-treatment investigations, etc.
Fair pricing of Stem Cell Treatment in India is also a factor which is giving a new ray of hope to the patients who are in need of Stem Cell Therapy. Stem Cell Therapy cost in India is significantly economical but the medical services provided by the hospitals are top notch with International Medical standards and latest technologies.
What Is Dbs Surgery
Deep brain stimulation is a surgery to implant a device that sends electrical signals to brain areas responsible for body movement. Electrodes are placed deep in the brain and are connected to a stimulator device. DBS can help reduce the symptoms of tremor, slowness, stiffness, and walking problems caused by Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, or essential tremor. Successful DBS allows people to potentially reduce their medications and improve their quality of life. In Parkinsons, parts of the basal ganglia are either under- or over-stimulated. Normal movement is replaced by tremor, rigidity and stiffness. DBS of specific ganglia alters the abnormal electrical circuits and helps stabilize the feedback loops, thus reducing symptoms.
Electrodes can be placed in the following brain areas:
- Subthalamic nucleus Effective for tremor, slowness, rigidity, dystonia and dyskinesia. Most commonly used on the way to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Thalamus Effective for tremor. It is often used to treat essential tremor.
- Globus pallidus Effective for tremor, slowness, rigidity, dystonia and dyskinesia. It is used to treat dystonia and Parkinson’s disease.
Get Low Cost Parkinson’s Disease Treatment In India
We offer free assistance to international patients to find best medical treatment in India. We offer low-cost, world-class medical treatment in India, coordinated by a team of experienced service industry professionals
Please post a query to know about low cost treatment options at top India hospitals
Don’t Miss: Does Vitamin B12 Help Parkinson’s
Supportive Therapies For Parkinsons Disease :
Exercise, physical therapy or Psychotherapy improves mobility, flexibility, balance and body strength, strengthening of muscles to swallow or speak better, improvement of emotional well-being and other general therapies. Feldenkrais Method, Alexander Technique can help for improving gait and mobility.
Medical Treatment For Parkinsons Disease :
- Drugs increasing level of dopamine, Levodopa
- Dopamine agonists mimic the effects of dopamine in the brain. They are not as effective as levodopa, but they last longer.
- Drugs affecting other other neurotransmitters
- Medications helping the control of non motor symptoms like parkinsons disease related depression
- Levodopa combined with carbidopa for lower dosage of Levodopa to reduce side-effects
- Medical treatment is effective in reducing tremors, bradykinesia and rigidity but not replace ne rve cells and progression of the disease
Also Check: Judy Woodruff Health Problems
Q Can Dbs Affect Other Medical Devices/implants
The DBS device system can itself get affected by or adversely affect other medical devices or procedures such as cardiac pacemakers, cardioverter or defibrillators, ultrasonic equipment, external defibrillators, electrocautery, or radiation therapy. It is important to inform the doctor about your device during consultation. The medical will consider this before recommending the best treatment option for the clinical condition.
Diagnosis For Parkinsons Disease :
Most individuals with Parkinson’s disease are diagnosed when they are 60 years old or older, but early-onset Parkinson’s disease also occurs.
- Difficult to diagnose, early symptoms may be dismissed as normal effects of aging.
- The Hoehn and Yahr scale and the Unified Parkinson’s Disease Rating Scale are used for diagnosis.
- Tests are used to measure mental capacity, behavior, mood, daily living activities, and motor function. No blood or laboratory tests.
- Brain scans and laboratory tests are used to rule out other diseases.
- Diagnosis is based on the medical history and a neurological examination
You May Like: Sam Waterston Tremor
Symptoms Begin Gradually Often On One Side Of The Body Later They Affect Both Sides They Include
- Symptoms begin gradually, often on one side of the body. Later they affect both sides. They include
- Trembling of hands, arms, legs, jaw and face
- Stiffness of the arms, legs and trunk
- Slowness of movement
- Poor balance and coordination
As symptoms get worse, people with the disease may have trouble walking, talking, or doing simple tasks. They may also have problems such as depression, sleep problems, or trouble chewing, swallowing, or speaking.
There is no lab test for PD, so it can be difficult to diagnose. Doctors use a medical history and a neurological examination to diagnose it.
PD usually begins around age 60, but it can start earlier. It is more common in men than in women. There is no cure for PD. A variety of medicines sometimes help symptoms dramatically. Surgery and deep brain stimulation can help severe cases. With DBS, electrodes are surgically implanted in the brain. They send electrical pulses to stimulate the parts of the brain that control movement.
Parkinson’s disease symptoms and signs may vary from person to person. Early signs may be mild and may go unnoticed. Symptoms often begin on one side of your body and usually remain worse on that side, even after symptoms begin to affect both sides.
Risks Involved In Surgery
Deep brain stimulation involves creating small holes in the skull to implant the electrodes, and surgery to implant the device that contains the batteries under the skin in the chest. Complications of surgery may include:
- Misplacement of lead
- Hardware complications, such as an eroded lead wire
- Temporary pain and swelling at the implantation site
Recommended Reading: Similar To Parkinsons
What People Say About Us
Ms. Keira Waugh, Canada, Weight Loss Surgery
Firmly, no name stands equal to Go Health India when to keep in mind for excellent medical treatments. Also, I would mean to thank for its …
Ms. Stephenie Warner, USA, Neurosurgery
Thanks to Go Health India really to have availed me the best treatment to Neurosurgery in India. With its comprehensive data of best-in-cla…
Allen Johnson, UK, Kidney Transplant Surgery
So what to say more after I have my smile back? Yes, my persistent round-to-best surgery for kidney transplant has gone finished when I kep…
Mr. Steve Smith, Denmark, Health Checkup
Really glad to say that we stood by Go Health India reliable to have offered me the best and most comprehensive information and assistance …
Ms. Natalie Woods, Florida, IVF Treatment
With no more usage of my words, I would only do a thank from deep of my heart for Go Health India to have made possible my family complete …
Treatment And Surgery For Parkinsons Disease In India :
India is widely known in the world for its world-class medical and health care services. This has made India worlds number one medical tourism destination People are attracted towards the best quality of healthcare services, accredited medical facilities, and internationally trained and qualified health care professionals and travel to India for their health care needs. The services encompass everything from primary health check ups to major surgical procedures. The hospitals of India offers complete treatment of Parkinsons disease. India has the most sophisticated hospitals of the world which have hi-tech equipments, state-of-the-art comforts and facilities, skilled doctors and compassionate, dedicated nurses. Complimentary therapies like, Acupuncture, Alexander technique, Aromatherapy, Herbal medicine, Naturopathy, Reiki, Yoga, Reflexology, massage therapy, etc. are provided by proffessionals who are extremely proficient in their field.
Cities in India that offers Treatment and Surgery for Parkinsons Disease
Read Also: Prayers For Parkinson’s Disease
What Is Parkinsons Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a disorder which is progressive. It mainly affects the nervous system affecting the movement of the body. It develops slowly, starting with the mild tremors but in the advanced stages it is associated with frequent body immobility and slowing or permanent loss of movement. This disease causes malfunctioning or death of neurons in the brain cells. This affects the neurons ability to make chemicals called dopamine which sends the message to all parts of the brain which controls the movement and coordination between different parts of brain and body. As this disease progress, it can cause a condition in which there is a decrease in the amount of dopamine which can lead to an inability to move or control the movement normally.
Unfortunately, in this technological era, there is no clue about the exact cause of disease and there is no treatment available to cure the condition. Options available in conventional medicine offers medication and surgery which only give up symptoms not a perfect cure.
Dbsfor Parkinson’s Disease Surgery Cost In India
|Parkinson’s disease treatment in India
|Evaluation $800-$1000$, surgery cost – 24000
|Patient – 4-5 days in a room and 1 day in ICU
1.Overstay more than package days,2. Any other Specialty Consultations,3. Special Equipment,
Get The Safemedtrip Advantage
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of Indias leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.
Treatment For Parkinsons Disease
Parkinsons disease can be treated with the help of some specific medications. Deep Brain Stimulation is one of the most common surgical procedures for those patients who are suffering from Parkinsons disease. This surgery helps in slowing the movements and reduces the severity of muscle rigidity. During the surgical procedure, a wire inside the brain is connected with a pacemaker type device which is implanted under the skin in the chest.
Recommended Reading: On And Off Phenomenon
Why The International Patients Trust Us
- We Provide the best Hospitality Experience in India which are As Per International Standards and the team of Stem Cell Experts with an international professional standard Ensures Best Stem Cell Treatment to the patients.
- We are Provider Of Healthy life And Improve the Standards Of living For the International patients By Providing affordable low-cost Stem Cell treatment, best treatment facility with International Standards and a homely atmosphere.
Parkinsons Disease Treatment: Medications & Treatment Procedures
Parkinsons disease is incurable, but medications can help manage symptoms. In an aggressive scenario, your doctor may advise surgery.
Your doctor may recommend a healthy lifestyle, advise balance and stretching physical therapy, and may refer to a speech-language pathologist to correct speech problems.
Your doctor may prescribe medications and they include:
- Amantadine: It is effective in early-stage Parkinsons disease and provides short-term relief. Hallucinations, purple-mottling of the skin, and ankle swelling are some of its side effects.
You May Like: Parkinson’s Hallucinations Commercial
Q Are The Hospitals In India Well
Indian hospitals are globally known for their superior quality of services and world-class facilities. The best deep brain surgery hospitals in India have a dedicated department for neurosciences that are recognized centre of excellences. These hospitals are accredited by national and international organizations such as National Accreditation for Hospitals and Healthcare providers and Joint Commission Internation .
The certification from these organizations provide a quality assurance for clinical care and safety. The neurosurgery hospitals in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and other major cities have the most updated technologies for surgery and medical procedures. These include minimally invasive procedures, robot-assisted surgery and many others. The diagnostic department at the hospitals are also equipped with the latest imaging techniques such as functional brain MRI, advanced CT scans and many others.
Dbs System Consists Of Three Implanted Components :
- Lead A lead consists of four thin coiled insulated wires with four electrodes at the lead tip. The lead is implanted in the brain.
- Extension An extension connects to the lead and is threaded under the skin from the head, down the neck and into the upper chest.
- Neurostimulator The neurostimulator connects to the extension. This small, sealed device, similar to a cardiac pacemaker, contains a battery and electronics. The neurostimulator is usually implanted beneath the skin in the chest below the collarbone . Sometimes called a brain pacemaker, it produces the electrical pulses needed for stimulation. These electrical pulses are delivered through the extension and lead to the targeted areas in the brain. The pulses can be adjusted wirelessly to check or change the neurostimulator settings.
The doctor may advise few antibiotics to prevent infection. The patient may need to visit the doctor several times after the surgery to adjust the stimulation with the help of programming. The doctor may prescribe a detailed medication plan to the patient. The patient should take some precautions after the surgery and follow the instructions given by the doctors. He/she should take care of the incisions and the surgical region on the head, by keeping it dry and covered. Heavy physical activities and lifting heavy weights should be avoided for few weeks after the surgery. Regular follow-up with the treating doctor should be done.
You May Like: Voice Amplifiers For Parkinson’s
What Is Parkinson Disease
The progressive disorder of the nervous system that specifically causes problem with the movements such as writing and walking is termed as Parkinsons disease. The disease progresses at a slow rate that starts with hardly noticeable tremors in one hand. Though these tremors are considered as the most significant symptom of this disease, this disorder usually results in stiffness or slowing of the movement. Parkinsons disease affects a large number of people especially who are above 50 years of age. Sometimes this disease is also seen in young people between the age group of 21-40 and is termed as Young Onset Parkinsons Disease.